It can feel like the end of the world when you find that you are losing the teeth. This is primarily because your smile is the first thing that people notice in you and it comes with a grave social consequence. Practically smiling, chewing and speaking after the loss of tooth used to be immensely challenging and negatively affected anyone’s life a few decades back.
But with the advancement of technology, the days of suffering after losing one or more teeth are a thing of the past today according to the best dental clinic in Bangalore. Dentures and dental implants have emerged as the effective solution for the missing teeth and for permanently replacing the gap. These days you will get both affordably and you should choose the most appropriate one keeping in mind your issue.
Here an attempt is made to give you some idea about dental implants and dentures as well as how to get them affordably so that you can take an informed decision when at the hour of need.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the permanent replacements for the natural teeth. The roots of the teeth can be replaced by the titanium posts in the jaw. They bond to the bone after creating a strong foundation so that the natural looking crown can be attached to the posts.
The dental implants enable you to completely hide the fact that you have lost the teeth. The implants help to preserve the jaw structure that often gets disrupted after tooth loss.
Single tooth, multiple teeth and even a full mouth of teeth can be replaced by dental implants. In fact, they are a great alternative to dentures. Dentures call for a lot of special care and need to be replaced eventually. That is one of the major reasons why they come with a much lesser amount of upfront cost as compared to dental implants.
Dentures never feel like the natural teeth in the way the implants do. Patients only retain about 18 percent of the chewing power when they opt for dentures.
How to Care for Dental Implants
The implants are more or less similar to the natural teeth. That is why taking care of implants after the initial recovery period is a breeze. All you need to do is to keep the implants in great shape for maintaining the good brushing and flossing habits and home care is also very important to dental implants . This way you can visit the dentist regularly for the professional cleaning.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The tradition dental procedure primarily takes place in two parts. First, the screw is placed after drilling a hole. While the post slowly binds to the bone in the jaw a temporary crown is put in the place. The permanent crown is secured in the place in just 4-6 months and the patients can start returning to their normal oral care regime.
With the help of the “same day implant” technique or by using the individual implants full teeth replacement can be done. In order to secure the full set of teeth only 4 posts per arch are required. Patients can smile, eat and laugh at the same day after the treatment.
Dentures happen to be false teeth. They are used to replace original tooth almost effortlessly. They are removable and come as a partial plate or a full set. If you opt for a full set of dentures it means a complete upper and lower plate. On the other hand, a partial set replaces either the lower or upper row of the teeth.
Dentures and implants are quite different from each other. Implants are not removable, but dentures are. The dentures are a single piece molded plastic piece that imitates the teeth’s natural looks to a great extent.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Dentures
There are several factors that affect the cost of dentures. They are primarily mentioned below.
- Type of dental insurance you have
- Location of the dentist offering the treatment
- The denture complexity that you will require
- Materials with which denture is constructed
- Added or enhanced procedure like surgery or tooth extractions for reshaping the bonny ridges
- Types of warranty provided
How to Achieve Affordable Dentures and Dental Implants
Here are some ways with the help of which you can save while opting for dentures and dental implants.
- Medicaid – This one is a program that is state-funded and may assist adults in extraction services as well as in obtaining the dentures. But you should keep in mind that all practices do not accept Medicaid insurance and all states do not accept these. You should search the internet for finding the Medicaid coverage in the home state.
- Dental Insurance – An appropriate dental walkout statement will be provided if you have dental insurance. Though most practices do not file the insurance claims, but you can save a lot by opting for filing the claim yourself. The professionals at the hospital will help you to calculate your cost.
- Third Party Care Providers Payment– There are many dental practices that are affiliated and provide third party care provider relationships with the social service organizations and government, nursing homes, hospices, home heath agencies and retirement home facilities. By opting for them you will be able to save quite a good amount of money.
Apart from the above there are quite a few options for the low-income seniors. There are several government programs that are devised for helping the elderly to get dentures at reduced cost. Another way to get dental treatments like dentures and dental implant at reduced cost is to go for dental schools. You will get quality oral therapies at fraction of the cost there. You may have to let the students treat you, but they work under the supervision of the dentist and are qualified to do that.
From the above you may have derived a comprehensive idea about dentures and dental implants and how to get them at affordable rates. By keeping the above things in mind you can get the right treatment that is most appropriate for you without making a dent in your pocket.