The sophisticated lifestyle, erratic diet and lack of physical activity have resulted in obesity among many people. Many are obsessed with their weight and are ready to try different methods to shed some pounds. But most of them are running out of time to bring the changes in their lifestyle and eating habits. But nothing to worry, as many new and easier methods, are introduced nowadays. The latest people prefer are supplements to get rid of the extra pounds you gained. Natural foods and herbs play a major role in the form of supplements that aid in effective weight loss.
Have you heard of Garcinia Cambogia?
Have you been struggling to lose weight? Including natural supplements like Garcinia Cambogia into your routine helps to successfully shed some pounds. It is a natural tropical fruit found in India, Southeast Asia, and Africa. It is commonly known as Brindle berry or Malabar Tamarind and looks like a pale yellow or green colored pumpkin and is as big as an orange or grapefruit. The active ingredient present in Garcinia Cambogia fruit is hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which is found to be beneficial for digestive issues and rheumatism. But it is most commonly and popularly used for weight loss. Studies have shown that HCA present in this fruit reduces carbohydrates conversion into a stored form of fat by blocking certain enzyme pathways. It also can suppress appetite. For all these reasons, Garcinia Cambogia can be used for effective weight loss. Garcinia Cambogia is also known for its advantages as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiulcerogenic, cytotoxic, antidiabetic and hepatoprotection.
Commonly claimed benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
- Appetite suppressor
- Mood enhancer
- Energetic and physically active and increased concentration
- Improved blood cholesterol levels
- Stabilized blood glucose levels
- Improved digestion
- Effective in treating hemorrhoids, constipation, and intestinal parasites
- Less carving for sweet and unhealthy foods
Studies on the efficacy of Garcinia Cambogia supplementation for weight loss had begun since the year 1960. Many people have taken advantage of Garcinia Cambogia supplementation and agreed to help manage their weight successfully since. Let us review some of the beneficial effects of Garcinia Cambogia here.
- Weight loss: To lose weight, one has to consume fewer calories than the body needs and burn more calories than you consume. This is not as easy as you think. Here comes the role of Garcinia Cambogia supplementation. There are 2 ways in which Garcinia Cambogia is helpful to lose weight. One is by suppressing the appetite and another by blocking fat production in the body. Appetite suppression is made possible by increased production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter associated with feelings like happiness and calmness that controls the cravings and desire for foods and reduces appetite. This helps people get satiety from a small portion of food. The active ingredient HCA present in Garcinia Cambogia acts upon a certain enzyme called adenosine triphosphate-citrate-lyase and blocks its pathway to fat cell formation. The increased insulin sensitivity of Garcinia Cambogia stabilizes blood glucose level, thus slowing down the process of packing fat. It has a cholesterol-lowering effect as well. It reduces LDL cholesterol and raises HDL cholesterol. HCA also acts on genes that are associated with the regulation of obesity. Garcinia Cambogia supplementation helps boost endurance during physical activities. People feel more active throughout the day and will be inclined to regular exercise. It also increases energy expenditure.
- Can Fight against cancer: Garcinia Cambogia is found to have other components like garcinol and xanthones that protects from cancer. These compounds kill the cancer cells and block the spreading in the body. They also have anti-inflammatory properties. They help to reduce inflammation of the kidney, intestine, and brain thereby reduce the risk of cancer as chronic inflammation is associated with increased risk of developing cancer. Garcinol has antioxidant properties that help you stay and look younger.
- Protects the liver: Studies have shown that the HCA present in Garcinia Cambogia has hepatoprotection properties. It protects the liver while processing of alcohol occurs there. This doesn’t mean that your liver will be safe even if you consume alcohol assuming a simple dose of Garcinia Cambogia can do wonders to protect your liver.
- Protects the brain from injuries: Garcinol, the compound present in Garcinia Cambogia protects the brain from injuries. When there is an occurrence of neurotoxin build-up, astrocytes- the specialized guardian cells in the brain are protected from neurotoxins by the shielding effect of garcinol.
- Protects the digestive system from ulcers: Hydroxyl free radicals cause ulcers and are harmful to the digestive system. Garcinol present in Garcinia Cambogia is effective in fighting ulcers and protecting your gut. This is the safest supplement to take as the benefits are many.
- Can protect from HIV: Can you believe that eating fruit can save you from the fear of HIV? Garcinol, the compound present in Garcinia Cambogia interferes with the normal functioning of HIV viruses and inhibits them from replicating. The proteins responsibly read and transcribe the genetics of HIV viruses that are messed up by garcinol present in Garcinia Cambogia. Thus the normal functioning is affected. Indeed this doesn’t mean that you are immune to HIV if you eat a fruit or take a supplement. It only hinders the virus growth and function, it certainly won’t stop them. Even if you eat Garcinia Cambogia daily, remember to continue your safe practices that keep HIV viruses at bay.
Other benefits of Garcinia Cambogia include anti-aging properties, fighting oxidative stress, promotes gut health, fights against fatigue, assists in ketosis prevents kidney stones, and regulates bowel movements.
The safe recommended dosage of Garcinia Cambogia ranges from one gram to 2.8 grams daily for adults. So far there are no reports of Garcinia Cambogia side effects. Hence it is considered as an effective diet pill. It is not only a weight loss miracle but also a superfood fruit rich in other health benefits. The fruit can be consumed fresh or processed and stored and used as and when required. The processing can bring some changes to its natural color and usually it turns into dark brown or black without affecting its nutritional facts. Garcinia Cambogia juice can cool your body on a hot summer day. By all means, Garcinia Cambogia can be considered as a superfruit with superpowers.